Thursday, October 11, 2007

Friday on my Mind

“…….Thursday goes to slow, I got Friday on my mind…” I love that song by The Easybeats and in keeping with it I think it’s time to crack open the sloe gin and make some ‘sloe’ cocktails!

Born on the 4th July is a fantastic Sloe Gin Cocktail you need –

1 part blue curacao
1 part sloe gin
heavy cream.

Take an old fashioned glass & add ice, then put in the blue curacao and then carefully layer on the sloe gin and then the cream. The result should be a stunning red and blue drink with tentacles of white running through it – very impressive.

Then there’s the Sloe Gin Flip – take

1 tablespoon Sloe Gin
2 tablespoons light cream
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1 whole egg
nutmeg

Throw all of the ingredients, except the nutmeg, into a cocktail shaker with ice, shake vigorously then strain into an old fashioned glass. Sprinkle nutmeg on top, a lot of people love this, personally I like my eggs cooked………

Now my favourite way of drinking Sloe Gin is straight up, not even any ice – delicious……..’Monday morning feels so bad, ev’rybody seems to nag me…………….she looks fine tonight, she looks out of sight to me………….Monday I have Friday on my mind……….’

Ciao

NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

No comments: