Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Bar is Open

Hello and welcome to Dream Cocktails,

The bar is open, may I take your order?


Seeing as this is my first post allow me to introduce myself, my name is Lou and I love mixing up cocktails for friends and family (not to mention myself!).   I'll be sharing a plethora of drink recipes for you to enjoy on this blog so if you have any requests be sure to ask.

I love a wide range of cocktails, but one which was a big success at my last get-together with friends was the Blue Lagoon.   This is an old favorite of mine and is great for long summer days as it's a long cocktail which means you can enjoy sipping on far more of these than say a classic martini!

Here's the recipe I use -

Blue Lagoon

2 parts vodka
1 part blue curacao
lemonade

First fill a highball glass with ice, add the vodka and blue curacao and top up with lemonade, give it a quick stir and serve with a straw. The beautiful blue color needs no decoration, so leave the umbrella's alone!

Another hit on that particular occasion was the Fire Engine which is basically a take off of the Tequila Sunrise for those who have unpleasant memories of the Tequila Fairy!

Fire Engine

3 parts vodka
6 parts orange juice
1 part grenadine

This is also served in a highball glass over ice, first pour in the vodka and orange juice then add the grenadine, but do not stir.   The grenadine is heavier and will automatically sink to the bottom producing the lovely 'sunrise' look.

Check back for more recipes or leave requests in the comment screen and I'll serve them up for you

Till next time, bottoms up!

NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

No comments: