Sunday, August 21, 2011

An Alcoholic Trifle? Dessert Cocktails Are Delicious!

If I was to mention an alcoholic trifle I'm sure you would be thinking of a sherry trifle wouldn't you?   Well you'd be wrong!   I absolutely love trifle, but I've never really taken to the sherry trifle version - my Gran's trifle was delicious, my dad's was yummy and when my mother-in-law produced her's I was a little concerned, but it was delicious too.

In other words I love my trifle so when I find a cocktail that's based on this great old British pudding I naturally have to try it - it's my duty to make sure that they're not giving people false hope after all, or did I say it was my job to try and report back.......

Anyway here is the recipe for the Trifle Martini...

Trifle Martini

2 1/2 shots of blackcurrant vodka
2 shots of drambuie
1/2 shot of chambord (I love this liqueur, it's also great in a jam donut shot!)

It's a simple cocktail recipe, you simply add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well before staining into a cocktail glass to serve.

This cocktail is definitely one that is staying on my list of delicious dessert cocktails, if you're after recipes of more dessert cocktails then you'll want to check out my Dessert Cocktails post - it's a great idea to serve up one of these after dinner with friends.

NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

No comments: